All of our children have login and passwords to access Education City, Studyladder and Teach Your Monster to Read. These were sent home in Home Learning Packs. There may be set tasks from teachers or there are plenty of games, activities and learn screens to explore.
Project- Create a Comic– When you are working on this project, you will:
• Learn what a comic is,
• Discover the different features of a comic,
• Think about the characters, settings and plots
that a comic might include.
• Create your own comic.
Phonics Play – Currently has free access using login details on the page. Practice your phonics and spelling.
ICT Games – Spelling, Phonics, Writing games
Teach Your Monster to Read– Passwords in Home learning Packs
- The Alphablocks are living letters who appear in wonderful videos to help your children learn about phonics and develop their reading skills.
- KidsTV123 has a large playlist of phonics videos that children can watch.
- Fairy Tales and Stories for Kids has lots of animated stories to enjoy. Can your children retell the story to you after they have watched one of the videos?
- BBC Teach has a playlist of English videos to teach your children about punctuation and stories. It also includes ideas for writing, songs and more.
- CBeebies have a playlist of their Bedtime Stories, in which people read popular children’s books. Why not record your own version on a mobile device?
- Watch this collection of book trailers from Scholastic. Could you make a trailer for one of your favourite books?